10 Big Hairy Predictions
If you are an economist, financial analyst, or politician you always put your reputation on the line when you make a prediction. Lucky for me I am none of the above. It is always fun to stir up a little controversy.
- The bailout bill passes the House. All of the politicians say that they believe in capitalism, but under these “dire” circumstances there was no other option. (check)
- The stock market (DOW) sees a 1000 point gain over the next couple weeks. (check)
- Gold and other commodities remain stable or even decline slightly over the next couple weeks. (check)
- The unemployment, sales and consumer confidence numbers remain dismal.
- The stock market (DOW) sees a 1500 point loss before the end of the year.
- Gold breaks $1000 before the end of the year.
- Before the end of the year we see 30% increase in food prices.
- The Fed drops interest rates before the end of the year.
- There is a tax revolt by a significant number of individuals by the end of 2009.
- Martial law is declared in at least one US city before the end of 2009.
- Bonus: America gets back to work in 2010.
Well, I put them out there. Now let me know your thoughts.